Saturday 4 June 2011

Why don't you take a seat...

So I assume this’ll be the first post on 23 Seconds, which is freaking awesome. Not that you’ll probably care; we’re really only making this for the students who will use our research next year, but who knows? Maybe you like reading random blogs about Ecology and Biology. I can’t really judge that, can I?


I kid, of course. If this blog is any help to you, we’ve done our job. I assume as the Admin, I should introduce myself? Zachariah Lewis, nice to meet’cha; I’m a university student, in the field of Biology in general. Suze, my girlfriend, is looking over my shoulder right now and laughing, saying that I should really say more about myself, should I talk about her instead? She’s nodding no. God, she’s a laugh. Anyway, I guess you could describe me as the everyman; I get along with everyone and really enjoy my school and classes. It’s really a far cry from the army, but I was honestly honorably discharged and apparently I can’t do pacing for my life. Jeeze, Suze, I’m a Biologist, not an author!


I figure I’ll post about everyone later. For now, I’m sure you’re wondering what this blog is about. Well, our class of 123 has been offered the chance to do this extra credit program over the summer; We’ll go camp in a forest, make observations, look at the wildlife, try not to get mauled by bears, avoid drunk science; you know, the usual. We have a Professer chaperon but he’s like a regular Bear Grylls, so it really only adds to the atmosphere. Already he’s shown me how to drink my own piss (just kidding!). So if you’ve ever had Professer Stuart William, you’ll know the awesome I speak of.


It’s a communal account, so posts will have to be signed and such. There’s 50 of us, counting our Prof, but I figure I’ll be the only one actually using this blog. I’ll put some more stuff up later, like our class list and short synopsis on my close friends; but we’re in it for the science... you monster.


(Sorry. Couldn’t get out of this without a Portal 2 reference, could I?)


TL;DR? I’m Zach, this is our project blog. Stick around for a while, give us some comments, and we’ll try our best to answer them. And if I make any typos in the future? We’ll only have phones with solar panel chargers out there, so it might get a bit dodgy.


I’d love to hear from you guys. As awesome as this is going to be, it’s going to get awfully boring, even WITH Suze around.


Anyways, before I sign off, fun fact? The reason the blog is named 23 Seconds is because that’s approximately how long it takes for your blood to travel throughout your circulatory system. Is that not the coolest?


Happy Trails!


--Zach(ariah) Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment